Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Journey of Movement is a Continuous Act

To do research on who and where to start with in this provocative presentation world of learning by interacting with videos is in itself overwhelming. It certainly is the next step in the right direction to the boring old teaching lessons of the past. Let's look at some of the steps involved in adding a video clip to a blog.

The addition of videos onto a blog should be an easy undertaking according to the initial hits you get when searching for the how-to's. My journey has not been as successful as this would suggest. One suggestion to use YouTube clips is to download the program RealPlayerCafe.com but as you try to do this, there is an error message saying it cannot be completed. Try again - it could be a glitch in the system - no luck.

Move onto Plan B. What do other servers suggest? As I try TeacherTube, I get their selection of videos, not even the choice I was requesting - even after creating an account. I really wanted to include the clips themselves and not just URL links. If I am unsuccessful in simply downloading a video clip - I hate to think what's involved in creating my own and uploading it -how & to where? Some sites require you to change the file type to an mp4 version. I have never even downloaded music onto an mp3 player and now I'm to tackle mp4? OK here goes. I bring up the KeepVid webpage to download a clip - just copy and paste the URL of the chosen video and it will automatically convert it for you - so they say. The URL is selected and I choose download and make some choices about how and where to save. Now let's see if it works. Ok, I've tried it an of course there is an error uploading the video clips - so I will have to revert and try an alternate route. Sorry this isn't turning out the way I wanted; it's just part of this huge learning curve.

Of course there'll be other problems too - it figures. I can't hyperlink my articles either so now I have to learn HTML and write some programming so I can add active links. Sorry about the video clips being imbedded into the text - that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Travel, books, food - what's next, humour?

No comments:

Post a Comment