Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Best Way to Travel is In Your Own Home

How can I go places I'd love to go to and still be comfortable? I've got it - I can travel to places through books, I can experience what it is like in other countries through books, I can choose where to go beforehand through books. I can't possibly read that many books, so I went to YouTube for some inspiration about viewing books. An awesome idea is to videoshare book talks. RMS Library Media Centre has a great collection to share. Here are a few examples. Another example to obtain more of a technological connection is the Skeleton Creek book trailer. This one has a great connection with books and technology. This video introduces us to the book component to read as well as an online version to follow. What will they think of next? Other inspirational ideas can be found in Video Tools & Sharing, some of the ways in which I will be able to incorporate video clips in my environment are through: share student work (with permission of course and only using first names or pseudonyms), use video clips in presentations, teach creative commons licensing, staff pro-d on applications, teach research skills, share this technology, create and share library orientation videos, create and provide tutorials and share videos about how to do research. I'm sure more applications will arise with aggregate use.

No comments:

Post a Comment