Thursday, July 9, 2009

The trials of adding photos

How can I actually use this for school? I thought about offering some photos to the French teachers about asking their students to find the places that were presented. I have selected a number of photos and created a slideshow about places of interest in Paris. Following is how I went about it.

This was quite some feat. First I went to find pictures on the web about Paris. Mostly I found personal pictures from people that have travelled there. I decided to try using the Picasa site to accumulate the photos and organize them. I found that after I had created an account after reading about the great things it can do (see Picasa 3 on You Tube), I'd manipulate some pictures and add them to my blog. I added captions, organized them but then I found I was not able to do much editing as the photos I'd saved in my folder were too small and I didn't have permission to use a larger version. On to plan B.

My next plan of action was to try the Flickr site that Richardson suggested in Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts. I referred to his reference to the National Library for photos that were not copyrighted so I could use them in this school project. I found these photos were more historical drawings rather than modern photos. I turned next to Google Images where I located the photos I was interested in. I collected the photos, added captions and proceeded to upload them to my blog. The next stumbling block - yikes!

On Blogger I found an option for slideshows - great:) As I had a created a slideshow to share, I selected the 'slideshow' option as an added gadget. Blogger does not recognize Flickr to import the slideshow, so I reverted back to the friendlier version of Picasa (same provider - Google). I was then able to select my Picasa Web Album to import the photos. I'm sure that once you work with this a few times, it gets easier. Please enjoy the mini trip to Paris.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Muriel,
    You're right, I couldn't figure out how to import my pics from Flickr to the blog, in the form of a slideshow. Good to know you can do it with Picasa - all my pictures are stored using Picasa. It's a great product.
    I enjoyed your blog entry.
    Norene.

    ReplyDelete